Workshops - Call for Proposals
Proposal submission deadline: Feb 15, 2024 AOE
Notification of acceptance: Apr 12, 2024
Workshop dates: 29th, 30th of September 2024
Location: MiCo Milano
We solicit proposals for workshops that will be held together with the European Conference on Computer Vision (ECCV) 2024 in Milano, Italy.
We welcome proposals on emerging topics that are anticipated not to be fully explored in the main conference. The purpose of workshops is to provide a comprehensive forum and encourage in-depth discussion of various technical and application issues in our research field. Workshop registration, venue, as well as proceedings will be handled as part of the main conference by the ECCV organizers.
Since both space and time are limited, we expect the selection process to be competitive. The Chairs will evaluate the submissions on the basis of several criteria, among which are the topic coverage and relevance, the proposers’ credentials, the diversity in the organizing team and speakers, as well as the interested audience. Proposers may be asked to provide additional information, modify part of the proposals, or combine with another one.
The camera-ready deadline for the workshop papers is Aug 31, 2024. The proposers must come with a submission/review schedule that meets this deadline if you need papers in the official proceedings.
Proposals should be in PDF format and limited to 5 pages using this ECCV template (references not counted for page limit). They should be submitted to the Chairs at bit.ly/eccv24-workshop-proposals by Feb 15, 2024 AOE, including the following information:
- Workshop title.
- Proposers’ names, titles, affiliations, and primary contact email.
- Relevant keywords summarizing workshop topic.
- Topics that will be covered and relevance to the computer vision community.
- Experience that makes the proposers well suited for organizing the workshop.
- Rough program outline (including preference for a half- or full-day event, estimated numbers of orals, posters, and invited talks).
- Names and bios of any tentative/confirmed invited speakers.
- How diversity and inclusion in the organizing team and speakers is promoted (gender, race, seniority, affiliations, interdisciplinarity of topics and points of view).
- Anticipated target audience as well as expected number of attendees.
- Description of how this proposal relates to previous workshops at CVPR/ICCV/ECCV (be as specific as possible).
- Any special space or equipment requests.
Advertisement, budget & registration
Workshop organizers are responsible for the scientific organization and advertising of the event and the definition of the workshop program. ECCV local arrangements will provide and pay for rooms, coffee breaks, and A/V equipment. All other activities with budget implications are the responsibility of workshop organizers. Workshop registration will follow the passport system: ECCV attendees will register for workshops through the ECCV conference registration form.
For any questions, please contact the workshop chairs, Alessio Del Bue and Cristian Canton, via firstname.lastname@example.org.